Okay, dusted off my guitar and amplifier (literally been collecting dust for years!) and tried to tune it. The strings are rusty, the high E-string is broken, and the amplifier is buzzing like a frigging electric saw or something. Other than that everything seems fine. First off, I really need to change the strings, get someone to help me tune it and find out what's going on with the amplifier. Perhaps also get a plectrum. Think I have some of those lying around somewhere...
I may not know when a single string is out of tune, but if I play all the string together in a stroke and it hurts in my ears a little, I know it's out of tune. I tried for like an hour, but couldn't fix that. Besides, playing with only 5 rusty strings isn't exactly optimal. Too lazy to change that now, but I have some strings in a box somewhere. Anyways, I played for over an hour, found a website showing how to play "Amazing Grace" (it was supposed to be simple) and I think eventually got the first verse right. Except that I can't make the D-chord without the missing string. My god, I've forgotten how much it hurt in my fingers! Got a blister on my thumb as well...
Yeah, I think a little guitar playing every once in a while can be therapeutic, even if it sounds like shit. Definitely better than slicing my arms to pieces, I think we can agree on that. Except my neighbours perhaps, especially if I'm gonna keep playing at 5 in the morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment