This is interesting! I started this day by waking up feeling empty and bored, hungry but disgusted by food. Twelve hours later I've eaten two pancakes, a meal of chicken bits with rice, had three cups of tea, coffee and started writing a fantasy story. I've been wanting to write such a story about Dala before, but never really knew what it was gonna be about since I don't really remember how my life there was. But then I just started writing down one particular memory, letting it unfold itself before me as the words came flowing out. Then I thought maybe this isn't an actual memory, but it doesn't matter. I don't have to write this story the way it actually was into every detail. So I thought, why don't I just make up a storyline and events leading up to the only event I can remember, which was what landed me here? I know all the main characters and most of the environment, what that world was like, so it's still very real.
The main character is me, who I was back then as a demon. I'm basically the same as now, but not completely of course. I had a whole different life back then. I was happy, in love, a snobby prince who never knew anything about this world or humans. Before any of this life had occured. So of course I was different then, but how much should I explain about who this main character is? If I only want my friends and family to read it, I wouldn't need to add so much information of what people already know about me. But if I want it to go public, then it's pretty much mandatory. Well, I could always make two versions.
Then there are two supporting characters, who are my long lost love Caspian and my dear friend and dragon. I'm at this point almost 100% sure it was a she, and the name Kazanndra has followed me since my childhood, I don't think it came from Dala, but it holds some significance. Eitherway, I'm calling her Kazanndra in my story.
I've just started writing and I already have a plot for it, how the characters are gonna develope and a few big events. It's not gonna be a book, or I don't think so. Thinking about writing a whole book is like... gah, so many words! Maybe a small book. I've written five pages so far, gotten through the first day and started introducing the main characters. So a rough estimation... maybe 30 pages? Introduction and such always takes up more text than later events, but maybe not that much more... so maybe 50 pages is a better estimation. Or maybe not. Whatever.
Hopefully, this isn't gonna be one of those projects I start and then never finish. I don't think it will though, considering I'm writing about the most fantastic place I've ever known, and the two people that I love so much they're not only in my heart, but in the core of my soul! I just wish I could remember their real names, and my real name.
No comments:
Post a Comment