Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Shades of brown

I'm back on embroidering and have finished the text-part. At first I planned on making the whole picture in black, white and shades of grey, but now I consider doing it in colour. Next up is to make a dead tree, and now I’m glad I chose to use normal sewing thread, cause my grandmother left me a lot of that in various colours. I have five shades of brown I’m gonna use for the tree, along with a little red to make it look like it bleeds. Gonna be awesome, but I will have to make an exact sketch on how I want it to look. It's very annoying when I make mistakes and have to undo large areas.

How did I manage to stab myself with a blunt embroidering needle? Right underneath my nail, kinda hurt and bled a little. Except for that I find it a lot more satisfying embroidering on a cloth/canvas made for that than on a normal piece of cloth. With perfect little squares and working with a blunt needle I won't prick my fingers with every other minute. It's a lot easier to undo mistakes without having to cut off the thread.

Finally my adblock installation on Firefox is working, and how sweet it is not having to see all those ads showing up! Especially annoying are those with sound coming from them when you mouse over. I’ve just began embroidering the tree with the darkest shade of brown. I have a vague memory of doing so last time I embroidered something, working with one colour at a time. It really wouldn't work otherwise, since it's quite a complex mixture of the colours. Really should buy a checkered note pad for the sketches, it's quite tedious making all the little squares on blank paper. I’ll post another picture on Dayviews when the tree is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment