Wednesday, 22 January 2014

From one obsession to another

I'm having fun in WoW again. Letting out sounds like "yay" "yes" "oooh nice", smiling and laughing to myself. Damn, I love it when I have something to smile about. I treasure every single one of those moments. Anyway, I got jewelcrafting from 498 to 587 in an hour. Only 13 points left! Not bad, not bad at all! Way beyond expectation.

I've never gotten this far with a production profession before. Got mining up to 600 yesterday though, or was it the day before? Something like that. Got the achievement "Working around the clock" as well. I'm not working that hard, am I?

I put up a lot of gems on auction house now, and hopefully I'll make some profit. Someone already bought a few. Need a lot of gold now, since jewelcrafting is so close to max skill point, I really need to start making money for the flying skill in Pandaria zones. So that I can easily quest there for reputation as my next step towards the Sapphire Panther mount.

Think I've come out of the noob phase yet? Or maybe shadow priests are just as over powered as I suspect, but I'm quite badass in my 'as good as they get quest reward gear'. I found a few blue quality gear items on auction house though, just as a start or something. I hesitated buying them at first, cause they are actually for PVP, but the stats (except for the PVP stats) were all soooo much better I just couldn't resist.

I don't do PVP (player versus player). It's too stressful and requires a lot more advanced tactics/techniques than that for normal PVE (player versus environment). So a part of me got a little uncomfortable putting on PVP gear. So afraid of falling into the noob trap again. A dedicated level 90 just shouldn't be a fucking noob.

For those who don't know, a noob is someone messing up and doing all things wrong but still thinks it's right. Like say, if you're a Death Knight and greedily collect cloth gear with the stat intellect, you're a noob. Cause Death Knights wear plate and go for strength, and possibly agility? Not sure on that one to be perfectly honest. Being a noob isn't really about admitting you are uncertain about something, even though it also can mean that you're a beginner doing things wrong. But as most players I cross paths with say: we are all beginners at one point.

But I'm definitely not a beginner, so to me it's utterly embarrassing if I'd come off as a noob. It would be something like, say if you're an experienced chef and still burn everything you make cause you think frying food on the highest possible temperature for 30 minutes is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment