Being a healer in WoW for fifteen minutes or so really stressed me out. It was just another guild member who needed help with a quest line, but I still ended up getting us both killed twice. I do know the basics in healing, and I've tried it a little on a low level holy priest, which I've heard should be the best class for it. But it really is an art to master. Constantly checking every member's of the group health bar and make sure the healing over time spells (hots) are on and then I have the spell "power word: shield" to make sure that one also sticks to the other characters cause it really helps if they take less damage ...and looking away for half a second and then the whole group is dead. Sort of.
I mean I get cold sweats and heart palpitations just by thinking the question "maybe I should do a dungeon?" as a damage dealer. It's really simple to be in the damage role. All I have to do is basically wait for the tank to target, make sure I stay out of the way (I'm always ranged), give buffs to the others and attack the foe. Playing a shadow priest or balance druid also means I can heal myself if needed to. What's making me losing it at just the thought of it, is simply that I get lost in dungeons, forget what I'm doing, messing things up, pressing "need" on roll when I shouldn't so I only press greed and don't get anything.
I think that's kinda sad though, like I'm missing out on something valuable in the game. Though I feel kinda good right after a dungeon is completed, and I've gotten less than 3 complaints... I rarely do them and mostly (or well, kind of always) rely on just questing in the normal zones and levelling up professions. Though, someday I might learn how to handle myself in dungeons and raids. I've been trying it a little last year (wow, feels much longer ago when I say "last year" about 2013) but I still need to learn more. If only I had someone with me to guide me through or something. Oh well, I've never been much for having company, in game or irl.
No comments:
Post a Comment