Thursday, 24 April 2014

And I keep sewing

Okay, I'm done with the collar. It was fairly easy and turned out nice. I left it open in the front, so that I can shove something in between the two layers to make it more stiff. Been working on how to design the front, where and how the buttons are gonna be, and how far I want them to go. Well depends on how many I can find, but I want at least seven down front, three on each sleeve and three on each of two pockets, which makes it 19 in total.

The buttons are gonna be important, so I need to start searching for them. Buttons and filling material, the rest I have at home. Got enough sewing thread to make a whole closet of clothes and I have a nice silvery thread/yarn that I can embroider with. If I would want to. We'll see if I'll have the patience for that, but it would surely look cool and probably take all summer and half the autumn.

Damn it, my knee is getting too restrained now. It does that these days, and now after having fixed around in my apartment for hours I can't even reach down to the floor without feeling like someone's crushing my knee with a mallet or something equally painful. Good thing I have another knee that works just fine.

I don't feel like I'm 25 when I get tired so quickly and my body starts aching for no reason. I think my body has confused me with a 45 year old's. But I'm stubborn and persistent so I'll probably keep fixing and sewing until the sun goes down and then I'll have to sleep for thirty hours to get some rest.

Now I'm gonna continue with the front of the coat, I've already started a bit. I'm pretty sure the fabric will be enough for it now. Will most likely even be some left of it by the time I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment