I just saw this really bad documentary about transmen, on Youtube. There's so much wrong with it, I don't know where to begin. But they really made transguys seem like total freaks in a horrible way. Just no. It's exactly this kind of thing that makes it hard for any trans* identified person to be taken seriously. And it wasn't just the sex scenes that made me want to look away...
They talked about that all trans people were of a third gender, which I think is total bullshit. First of all, you don't get to decide what gender someone else is, no matter what you think of them. I've had people telling me that I'm some sort of third gender or "in between" but fuck that. I'm a man and no one gets to tell me otherwise! Doesn't matter what my body looks like, or anyone else's body for that matter, it's what you identify as.
At least I had a lot of backing up comments to that video, a lot of people agreeing with me. You rarely see that on Youtube. There was transgendered and cisgendered people stating that we are not freaks because we are trans, and they are so right.
Maybe you don't think I'm the right person for that opinion, but in that case you might not know me so well. I am a freak, yes, but not because of my gender and definitely not in the way they insinuated in the film. They were perverts taking pride in being as different and queer as they possibly could (no, that's not an exaggeration!) stating that every transgendered individual was also a pervert and a freak. Now that is crossing the line.
Of course they can be as queer or perverted as they like (heck, I might be a little pervy at times too) but it's a totally different thing forcing that on someone else. An entire group of people for that matter. A group that has already gotten way too much shit shoved down their throat for way too long. I've had it with that crap. Stop dehumanising transgendered people for fucks sake.
If you want to see the documentary, just search "enough man ftm" on Youtube and it should pop up.
No comments:
Post a Comment