I get inspired from music in my writing. Like Marillion's song "Lady Nina" has inspired me a lot when it comes to Lydia. Small things, like how she relies on her beauty and that she listens to Edith Piaf. Not something you'd need a copyright for, I'm very careful with that. To not have any song lyrics, movie quotes and such. The only thing is that I mention actual medication that exist in the real world as well as in my made up world. I don't know if I would need special permission for doing that, I just want it to be real, you know. That I can include something that I know something about.
I'm writing about a person with serious mental illness problems, so that he's gonna take medication is like almost a must. And thus I need to write about medication that I know how they work, like the stuff I've been taking myself. But of course, I could invent something instead, or like keep writing about the actual drugs but make up new names for them. That could work too. As I said, careful with not writing about stuff that I would need special permission to have in my novel, if it comes to publishing it.
But of course I want to have it published if or when I finish it. The old fashioned way, not on the internet. And by the way, before I forget it, Abney Park's song "This dark and twisty road" is an inspiration for Kian, mostly him and his relationship with Marie. He's got her back, safe from creatures of the night, but go and run and hide, little girl. It's complicated. Their relationship is very complicated but I will eventually and over time explain it quite simply.
76 pages and another chapter has been finished. I'm trying something different sometimes, another way to tell a part of the story than the same old. This chapter... it just ended up perfect. Sad and very reflective from another point of view. Showing that neither Lydia nor Kian is "cured" by them being in love, that they are still broken and love is just applied to their already chaotic lives. Because that's the way it is, love doesn't cure mental illness or wipe the sorrow away for good. It stays, no matter how happy you are with that special someone.
Alright, now I've done some chapter division and calculated that it will end up with 60 chapters and approximately 180 pages in total. The first draft, that is. I'm gonna need to add more to the story later, especially at the beginning, between the first and second part of the story. The "parts" are just so that the documents won't end up too big, with around 30 pages in each, depending on how long the chapters get, but they're usually around 3 pages each. Easier for me to keep a track of it all as well, at least in theory.
This is gonna be one hell of a story to write, especially when things are really gonna be set in motion. I will blow myself away and probably both cry and shake while typing. At least I frigging hope so, because otherwise I ain't doing it right.
Yeah, this takes up like 95% of the space in my mind/life right now... I can't stop writing it and about it. Though it's been going a bit slow today, only written one chapter so far and that's just not nearly good enough. So I wrote up all the chapters and what's gonna happen in them to easier have something to work with. This is one hell of a project, just so you know. Probably the biggest I've ever adopted. It's literally taken me years to form the idea, how the story is gonna go, how the atmosphere is gonna be, who the characters are and so on. Perfecting my language skills, finding my own language, finding my characters languages. There is so much work behind this, you have no idea. I'm just hoping it's gonna pay someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment