So, I've just been drawing constantly for 2 hours now and my vision is getting a little unfocused. My cell phone seem to have died on me for no apparent reason (typical, isn't it?) so now I guess I'm really underground. Write a comment here on my blog or something and I can give you my home phone number. Or send me an e-mail, I check that more often than here, if you want to reach me, that is. Now I can't write text messages with that phone but I can call and obviously take calls.
Sigh, it's always something. And now it's weekend so can't go and have it repaired until it's Monday again. Hopefully it's something minor that can easily be fixed, but maybe it's the battery and those are expensive... oh, well.
Anyway, I've started a new, big art project, which is a bunch of world of warcraft characters dancing in a ballroom. It's on A3 sized paper so got a little more surface to work on. So far I've done a blood elf female, an undead male, a troll male, a night elf male and a draenei female in that order. I'm currently working on a night elf female and a goblin male, and I know I will do an orc male somewhere too, but that's as far as I know right now. And I need more female characters to make it even. Maybe a dwarf or a gnome? I'm not even gonna try drawing tauren or worgen since their heads/faces are far too complicated for my particular talents.
Oh, and same with the pandaren. Also too complicated as they aren't closely resembling humans. And humans are boring, but I might throw one in in the background somewhere. I'm using the blender and the white gel pen a lot more on this drawing to create highlights. I've leveled up and don't only do shadows, but add highlights as well.
I sat up drawing the last of that male night elf last night until my eyes and hands were sore. I don't know why. Just couldn't let go of it, I guess. And now I'm drinking coffee like crazy because I don't want to eat. So tired of bread and bread is all I have. Except I got one pie left, but I'll save it for dinner. Have to go grocery shopping again today or tomorrow. That bloody bores me to death.
So, mostly I draw, then I play WoW or watch youtube videos in breaks. Writing doesn't get much space these days, mostly cause I just don't feel like it. It comes and goes and I let it do that. I started that big WoW project yesterday, late afternoon I think, and I believe it's gonna be done in the next couple of days if I keep at it like this. It is time consuming, but it's what I want to do, so yeah. Time has never really been an issue for me, cause time is basically all I've got.
And a bit of talent perhaps. I don't know, it's not like I was born with a "gift" to draw or something, it's something I've been doing since I was 3-5 years old and I just learned it during these last 22 years or so. And if you keep practicing something for 22 bloody years, don't you think you should be better at it than I currently am? See, no talent there. Just patience, time, learning, effort and interest.
However, drawing is what I do all days and I'd like to go back to that now. Just thought it was important to mention that about my phone and the rest is just me babbling as usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment